The organizing committee of the XXIX Interamerican Congress of Chemical Engineering Incorporating the 68th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference (CSChE 2018) is proud to announce a special plenary session, titled “Emerging Leaders in Chemical Engineering.”
This prestigious session will recognize the contributions of four early-career researchers and highlight their vision and leadership in their respective field of chemical engineering.
Four speakers will be selected to give 15-minute TED-Talk-style presentations at the Emerging Leaders in Chemical Engineering plenary session during CSChE 2018. The awardees will give a perspective talk of their own research topic, and how it will influence science, engineering, and society at large in Canada and abroad. Following their presentation, they will participate in a panel discussion. Narrow technical presentations will not be considered; the speakers should present their research area and its impact in a broader perspective.
Call for Nominations
Speakers need to apply to the Emerging Leaders in Chemical Engineering plenary session, and contribute an invited journal article (either a perspective article, review article, or scientific report, etc.) to The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be in the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor with their first appointment as a faculty member in any university on or after July 1st, 2010.
- Have their primary appointment in a Chemical Engineering department or hold a degree in Chemical Engineering.
Applications must include the following documents:
- A one-page summary of the candidate’s research.
- A one-page abstract detailing the topic covered in their talk, stressing its impact in the future of Chemical Engineering in Canada and abroad.
- A short bio, to be published on the conference website, if selected as an awardee.
- A 5-page (maximum) curriculum vitae, highlighting the candidate’s research, leadership, supervision and outreach, written in free-format or following the guidelines of NSERC Form 100.
- The names and complete contact information of three references. At least one of the references should be from an academic institution.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by May 15th, 2018.
The selection committee will be composed of the Chair and Technical Chair of the CSChE 2018 conference, the session organizers, and five other members (from diverse disciplines in Chemical Engineering, in Canada and globally). Speakers will be selected based on the clarity of their abstracts, the current impact and potential of their research effort, their leadership and the relevance of their topic to the future of Chemical Engineering.
All candidates will be notified of the decision made by the Selection Committee.